Live, well, and moving ahead!

Heya!

Last four days have been great, and much thanks for it goes to the fact that I did beat that cold! I got to work on last Friday again, and while the air conditioning still bugs my drying eyes and nose, I'm managing with it and getting work done.

There's not much to say about work, though: Friday was mostly setting up my work environment, and today on Monday I got to refactor some of the clients code - a task that seems to be the main one for the time being. Thankfully, the code is well readable, even though I'm using Google Translate to deal with the Japanese comments on the code, but it's at least interesting for now, and a good way to learn the software anyway. On Friday, there's another party / after work brought together by someone from our division, so that's again something to look forward to. Most of the people at the office don't speak much English, but at lunches and the after works most have been interested in doing their best and trying, and that's pretty much all I could ask.

What comes to accommodation, I've now moved to my own flat. I said goodbye to the host family on Saturday - Osakabe-san, the father, helped me claim the place and to find it, and Yu also tagged along the way. My host family was exceedingly kind and welcoming for me, and I am heartfeltly thankful for all their help and kindness during the passed first week of the trip. I will most surely go meet them at least for a weekend, if not two.

The break up was surely hardest for Yu, though. While not cheerily playing with me (because let's be honest, he was playing with me as much as I was playing with him, such a kid I am), he was, with sad puppy eyes, asking me to stay longer, at least for a week more, or a month. He'd pop in between this sort of pouting and cheerful playing at times, and at least one night he reportedly complained and cried to his parents about how I would be leaving. Despite this he was brave the last I saw him on Saturday, as I was boarding a bus to Tokyo - thought he didn't say much anything at all and had frown on his face when I hugged him goodbye, he cried very little, and watched and waved at the bus all the way until I disappeared with it behind a corner. Chances are he'll get through it as fast as he got to know me, if not faster, as he as a 6-year old is rapid to change, but I'm sure he won't forget me as I won't forget him and his cheerful and easy talk. Until next time! 😊

Also, yes, I went to Tokyo for the weekend - there was a friend who I went out with for food and drinks, both which were plentiful and the experiences even so. I'm gonna keep it at that though, just because I'd like to be able to tell a story well, or not at all, and right now the time is once again to sleep. Same goes for the apartment, I'll get back to it later in better detail. This week should be mostly uneventful, so I'm sure™ there will be time for that.

Happy Monday and cheerful new week to all!

Thoughtful Yu


Comments